Renewable Energy Systems Insurance
- Period: 1 – 6 years
- Maximum 150.000 LEI (VAT included)
- AFFINITY product type
Renewable Energy Systems Insurance for Legal Entities
The insurance can be taken out for a period between 1 and a maximum of 6 years, for new or already installed renewable energy systems (but with a maximum age of 2 years), at a very good price, without being conditional on the existence of a PAD policy and an Optional Home Insurance.
Insurance can be taken out by legal entities for systems whose value with VAT does not exceed 150,000 lei.
Object of the insurance
- Photovoltaic system on grid, offgrid and hybrid consisting of panels, Inverter and Smart Meter, Clamping structure, cables, connectors and mounting accessories, batteries, etc.;
- Solar system;
- Heat pump;
- Electric car charging station but only together with photovoltaic panels;
Risks covered by Renewable Energy Systems Insurance
Cover is “All Risks” – this means that the insurer will pay for any loss or damage to insured equipment which occurs unexpectedly or for any unforeseen reason (other than those stated below as Exclusions).
In order to better understand this type of insurance we invite you to schedule an appointment with a Destine Broker consultant, here.
Coverage includes, but is not limited to, damage caused by:
- Natural phenomena (storm, hail, flood, windstorm, earthquake, weight of snow or ice cover, landslides, rock or earth falls, landslides or landslides, avalanches, etc.);
- Burglary or robbery, vandalism (whether or not occasioned by theft);
- Accidental damage to the insured objects;;
- Electrical phenomena, produced by electric arcs, induction, short circuit or overvoltage;
- Fire, lightning, explosion, falling aerial or ground objects, etc.;
Among the EXCLUSIONS, we list:
- Damage as a result of research, testing or intentional overloading;
- Damage to insured equipment as a result of:
– normal wear and tear due to the operation / functioning of the insured equipment;
– corrosion, decomposition, oxidation, cavitation;
– cleaning, deposits or other sediments;
- Claims for damages arising from any defect or damage covered by the manufacturer’s or distributor’s warranty;
The full list of exclusions and their definition can be found in the Conditions of Insurance.
The insurance covers insured events produced by renewable energy systems installed on the territory of Romania.
In addition to the coverages included in the Standard Package, the customer can opt for other useful coverages depending on the chosen insurer, such as:
Within the limit of 15% of the insured amount of the insured equipment, the following are also indemnified:
- expenditure to prevent an imminent insured event;
- expenses in connection with limiting the effects of an insured event;
- the cost of dismantling and/or relocating the insured equipment;
- expenses in connection with the clean-up (removal of debris) of the place where the damage occurred;
Up to RON 10,000 is compensated for damage to other goods and property of the Insured during the installation of renewable energy systems.
Up to 10.000 RON are compensated the damages caused to the insured equipment during installation, maintenance or overhaul of the systems.
Up to RON 10,000 is compensated for damage to other goods and property of the Insured caused by the insured equipment as a result of an Insured Event.
In the event of an Insured Event, additional costs incurred as a result of the loss of energy production and its purchase from the electricity supplier are also covered during the period of damage repair.
Up to 20.000 RON are compensated the damages caused to the roof, on which the insured equipment is permanently mounted, if the damage to the roof occurred as a result of the same Insured Event that caused the damage to the equipment.
Up to RON 20,000 is covered for the cost of repairing the roof if the damage was caused by burglary or theft of permanently mounted equipment.
Up to 20.000 RON are covered the costs of repairing damaged property owned by the Insured, if the damage to such property occurred as a result of falling panels forming part of the photovoltaic/solar installation, caused by an Insured Event.
Up to 50.000 RON is also covered the civil liability of the Insured for property damage caused by the insured equipment, unintentionally, to third parties and their property, for Property Damage and/or Bodily Injury.