Attention !!! The information in this section applies to you if:
- you have 3 insurance offers in the validity period, from 3 different insurers;
- the offers are for insurance periods of 12 months;
- all insurance premiums from the offers received (excluding the rate for direct settlement and without the premium for additional clauses and coverages), to be higher, at the date of the forms provided, than: the reference tariff for the vehicle (see below) X factor N (see below) X the coefficient for the bonus-malus class applicable to the vehicle for which the insurance is requested (see below).
- The vehicle for which the insurance is requested: Dacia Logan; cylindrical capacity: 1,461cm
- Owner: natural person; 45 years old
- Bonus-malus class for the vehicle for which the insurance is requested: B4
- Insurance offers received (without the rate for direct settlement and without the premium for additional clauses and coverages): 950 lei, 975 lei and 999 lei
High risk premium = 854 lei X 1.36 X 80% = 929 lei
The high risk premium is lower than the received offers, so the request falls into the category of high risk insured and can appeal to BAAR for the allocation of the insurance contract.
If you want to learn more about the management of high risk RCA policyholders contact a Destine Broker consultant here.
CAREFUL!!! You can request an offer from BAAR only if the insurance premiums offered by at least 3 MTPL insurers for 12 months are 36% higher than the reference rate, related to the risk segment you are part of. Therefore, the increase does not refer to the insurance premium you paid on the previous policy / last year, but to the reference tariff in force, published by ASF.
Steps to follow:
Fill in the offer application form (see below) and send it accompanied by the supporting documents indicated therein, to the Romanian Motor Insurers’ Office in one of the following ways:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax: 004 021 319 13 01
- posta: str. Vasile Lascar nr. 40 – 40 bis, et. 6, sect. 2, Bucuresti, cod postal 020502
What you need to know:
After submitting the application and the supporting documents, the settlement lasts a maximum of 20 days, during which time;
- BAAR verifies if your request is admissible and will communicate the result of the verifications;
- If you fall into the category of high risk insured, BAAR will communicate the insurance premium and the insurer to which you can conclude the insurance contract. The contract can be concluded within 10 days from the communication.